Ważne: Strona www.mpk.krakow.pl wykorzystuje pliki cookies.
Używamy cookies i podobnych technologii m.in. w celach reklamowych, statystycznych, świadczenia usług. Korzystanie z witryny bez zmiany ustawień Twojej przeglądarki oznacza, że będą one umieszczane w Twoim urządzeniu końcowym. Zawsze możesz zmienić te ustawienia. - Poznaj szczegóły.

Validity check - In the database

Card type
Date (YYYY-MM-DD)***
ID card/student register No.
Cracow City Card No.
* All tickets valid as of a given day and afterwards are displayed
To check the validity of the card, it is necessary to give the number of MPK identity card and of the Cracow City Card. The number of the identity card is in the lower left-hand corner of it and the number of the CCC is in the lower right-hand corner of it.
drukuj zwiększ czcionkę czcionka standardowa zmniejsz czcionkę

History

KEY HISTORICAL EVENTS

1875
-
Introducing horse-drawn stagecoaches – the first systematically operating public transportation in Cracow
 
1882
-
Opening the first narrow-gauge horse-drawn tram line in Cracow
1901
-
Opening the first narrow-gauge electrical tram line in Cracow
1910
-
The gmina acquires the majority of shares in the transport company
1913
-
Making the first standard-gauge tram line available, together with a new depot at ul. Świętego Wawrzyńca
1917
-
The first tram crosses the bridge over the Vistula – its line connects Podgórze with the centre of the city
1927
-
First systematically operating bus lines
1928
-
Establishing Krakowska Miejska Kolej Elektryczna S.A. (Cracow municipal electrical railway) – a company in which the Gmina of Cracow had a majority share
1939
-
New tram depot in Podgórze made available, new tram carriages, manufactured by Sanocka Fabryka Wagonów (Sanok carriage factory), introduced into use
1945
-
A month after military activity ceases, the first tram line is put into use and, several months later, bus transportation starts operating
1949
-
Carriages of the N type (from Chorzowska Wytwórnia Wagonów) are put into use
1951
-
Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacyjne (Municipal Transport Company), a public company, is established
1952
-
The first tram line to Nowa Huta is opened
1953
 
The last narrow-gauge tram line in Cracow is liquidated
1956
-
MPK extends the scope of its business activity to include cab transportation
1960
-
Central tram repair workshops opened
1965
-
Tram depot in Nowa Huta opened
1969
-
First articulated carriages of the 102N type delivered
1975
-
All pre-war carriages withdrawn from use, carriages of the 105N type introduced
1980
-
Wola Duchacka, the largest bus depot, opened
1983
-
The bus depot in Płaszów starts functioning
1988
-
Last tram carriages of the N type are withdrawn from use
1990
-
MPK transformed into six independent limited liability companies, the establishment of MPK Sp. z o.o.
1991
-
New ticket offer, prepared with the use of European solutions, introduced
1993
-
The first computerised season tickets sales point opened (at ul. Św. Wawrzyńca 13)
1994
-
The first low-floor bus purchased
1995
-
The construction of the first section of express tram line and the tunnel underneath the railway station begins again, after an interruption of 20 years
1997
-
MPK transformed from a limited liability company into a joint stock company and became a member of Krakowski Holding Komunalny S.A.; the last red bus was withdrawn from use
1998
-
Participation in the construction of the "Lajkonik" bridge over the Vistula; liquidation of the bus depot in Czyżyny (in operation since 1966)
1999
-
Marking new lines for buses and trams; first low-floor carriages delivered to Cracow
2000
-
The assembly of the first series of NGT6 tram carriages started
2001
-
MPK S.A. received the title of "Przedsiębiorstwo Fair Play" (Fair Play Company) for the first time; the last 102N carriage withdrawn from use
2002
-
Merger with Miejski Zakład Naprawy Tramwajów Sp. z o.o.; the implementation of an integrated management system
2003
-
Receiving the PN-EN ISO 9001:2001 quality certificate confirmed by the IQNet certification network; 12 second-series low-floor NGT6 trams delivered
2004
-
Purchasing fifty modern buses assembled at MPK S.A.; commencement of the performance of the "Integrated public transport in the Cracow agglomeration – stage I" programme, co-financed with the use of EU structural funds and funds from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Introducing carriages of the E1 type to use
2005
-
Initiating the Krakowska Karta Miejska (Cracow City Card) pilot programme; initiating the "Civitas Caravel" project (gas-fuelled buses, flexible lines, buses with boots for transporting bikes), co-financed with the use of EU structural funds
2006
-
Receiving quality certificate confirming that an integrated company management system consistent with ISO 9001 and 14001 has been implemented and maintained; establishing the Public Transport Office (Zarząd Transportu Publicznego), an institution which took over the function of the operator of public transport. Concluding new agreement with regard to the provision of public transport services (trams – for 14 years, buses – 8 years, supplementary services - 5 years). Introducing buses fuelled by natural gas into use

 
2006
-
Opening the following streets (after their modernisation and restructuring was complete) to the public: Lubicz and Rakowicka. Concluding, with the consortium of companies Bombardier Vossloh Kiepe and Solaris, an agreement with regard to the supply of 24 modern, low-floor carriages; opening the bus station in Krowodrza Górka
 
2007
-
Initiating the Tele-bus service – the first Dial-a-Ride service in Poland; withdrawing old Ikarus buses from use; modernising tram tracks (section: from Kamienna terminal to Krowodrza Górka; MPK S.A. was the beneficiary of this investment); officially initiating the Cracow City Card system; introducing the first of 24 third-series trams from Bombardier into use; purchasing 45 modern, low-floor buses

2015
-
A parade of historical buses and trams to mark the 140th anniversary of Kraków’s public transportation and a delivery of 36 new Krakowiak trams, each over 42 metres long.
 
2016
-
Concluding an agreement for the delivery of 107 innovative and eco-friendly urban buses co-funded from EU funds as part of the Regional Operational Programme of the Małopolska Region 2014-2020. The contract is part of Integrated Territorial Investments.

 

 

 

realizacja Ideo powered by: Edito CMS